It will take anywhere between 1-3 weeks for Federal Student Aid to process your FAFSA once you submit it.
How do I check on the status of a submitted FAFSA?
You can check the status of your FAFSA immediately after submitting it online. You can check the status of a paper FAFSA after it has been processed (roughly 7-10 days from the date mailed).
To check the status of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
- Go to the FAFSA on the Web home page and click Start Here to log in, or
- Call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
If your FAFSA is still being processed, we recommend that you wait a few days before checking the status again.
Once processed, Federal Student Aid will generate a Student Aid Report (SAR), which will be provided to both you and the school(s) you listed on your FAFSA.
Please note: Before you can be awarded, you must either be enrolled or admitted to A&M-Corpus Christi as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program.
Your Student Aid Report (SAR)
You can view/print your SAR once Federal Student Aid has received all required signatures and processed your FAFSA or correction form.
You will receive an official Expected Family Contribution (EFC) on your SAR based on the processing results of your FAFSA. The EFC is a preliminary estimate based on the information you provided on your FAFSA. The EFC is used to determine your aid eligibility.
An electronic copy of your SAR will be sent to our institution (as well as any other schools you listed on your FAFSA), where our office will evaluate the report and award you based on the given criteria. This process can take anywhere between 1-3 weeks, depending upon the number of applications our office is evaluating at that time. If you are selected for verification, this process will be delayed until you submit all necessary documentation.
Have I been awarded?
To see if you have been awarded, you must:
- Login to S.A.I.L.
- From the main menu, select the Financial Aid tab.
- Click the Financial Aid Status link.
- From the drop-down menu, select the award year you would like to view and click Submit.
From here, you will be able to determine if you have been awarded any aid. Once you are awarded, you will have two weeks to make a decision before your award offer expires.
Things to keep in mind
- Before you can be awarded, you must either be enrolled or admitted to A&M-Corpus Christi as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program.
- If you are selected for verification, the awarding process will be delayed until you submit all the proper documentation.
I've already submitted my FAFSA, and just realized I made a mistake on it. How do I correct it?
If you find you've made a mistake after submitting your FAFSA, you will have to wait until after it has been processed to make corrections. Corrections can be made online via the FAFSA web site.